Quality & Security
We are accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for the following areas:
- Local Interconnect Network (LIN)
- Controller Area Network (CAN)
- Automotive Ethernet
This accreditation standard has the title General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories/Allgemeine Anforderungen an die Kompetenz von Prüf- und Kalibrierlaboratorien.
If you are wondering what accreditation is all about, you will find all background information on the DAkkS website.
On its website, the DAkkS not only explains the terms and explains the accreditation procedure, but also provides up-to-date information and documents on the subject.
An accreditation is, in accordance with ISO/IEC 17000, a method in which a significant authority formally accepts that a position or a person is competent to perform certain tasks.
During an accreditation, a formal confirmation of the competence of an area takes place. This confirmation can only be made in accordance with funded expertise.
If a company wants to get a confirmation by an external authority on the fulfilment of the requirements of ISO 17025, it applies for an accreditation automatically:
The implementation and the handling of the technical requirements must always be checked by one or more specially appointed independent experts and therefore leads to an acceptance and thus to an accreditation.
An afterwards followed confirmation and acceptance of the technical competence is a confidence-building measure that allows customers and the organization to make it easier to evaluate a company.
An accreditation of ISO 17025 is valid for 5 years. Within these 5 years, several assessments by the accreditation body take place:
- accredited test laboratory for the LIN area in 2008 by the DATech accreditation according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- several assessments between 2008 und 2012
- first reaccreditation in 2012
- first assessment after reaccreditation in 2014
- Test laboratory accredited by the DAkkS according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 since 2015. Further areas accredited in 2015: in the areas of LIN, Automotive Ethernet and CAN.
The accreditation is valid only for the scope of accreditation listed in the certificate file [D-PL-18596-01-00]. Find our accreditation certificate here. If you need a copy for your client, sign up with us!
The title of the international standard DIN EN ISO 17025:2005 in the English version is General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. The year 2005 after the colon draws on the year of the issue of the current version of the standard.
The ISO 17025 is designed specifically for the technical competence of testing laboratories – like we are – and calibration laboratories.
The standard is divided into two parts. The first part deals with the demands on management such as:
- Organization (responsibility, independence, etc.)
- Management system
- Control of documents, data and records
- Inquiries, offers and contracts
- Control of nonconforming testing work
- Audits and management reviews.
The second part contains the technical requirements such as:
- Staff (requirements, training, powers, etc.)
- Test methods and their validation (one central point!)
- Technical equipment (measuring equipment, etc.)
- Result reports.
The requirements of the quality standard ISO 9001 were transferred especially to the first part so that testing laboratories, which correspond to ISO 17025, also work in correspondence to ISO 9001 (ISO 17025:2005, Introduction; sections 4/5).
IT security at C&S: tested and TISAX approved
The internal IT security of the C&S group has been thoroughly tested. The trigger for the extensive audit was a verifica
We are adopter member of Automotive SerDes Alliance (ASA)
As adopter member of ASA, C&S is committed to contribute bringing in its experience of more than 20 years contribution o
Silver Sponsor at the Automotive Ethernet Congress, February 12 -13, 2020, in Munich
After around 1000 attendees, speakers and exhibitors informed themselves about the progress of Ethernet in vehicles, the